Build a Python REST API with the Django Rest Framework
How does Apple Maps have Yelp listings?
How does Tinder get Facebook user profiles?
How does Amazon Alexa know the latest news?
These questions get to the core of how powerful REST APIs can be: it allows for websites to communicate with each other without any human interaction.
Building a REST API isn't just about connecting with third party services, it's also about:
- Adding Authentication, Registration, Databases, and more to your Mobile App, IOT Device, TV app, Car app, and more
- Connecting your own web apps with each other
- Creating micro-services
- Adding a backend for Angular, React, iOS Apps, Android apps, and more
- Simplifying the process of separating your backend from your frontend
- Making it easier to build additional services with new developers
This course will teach you step-by-step exactly how to build a REST API
We'll cover the concepts first, then we'll go into build a PURE DJANGO REST API, then we'll use the Django REST Framework to build a REST API.
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone looking to connect their apps (mobile, web, iot, TV, etc) to a REST API
- Anyone looking to get better at building web applications
- Anyone looking to add Users, Security, Permissions, and a Database to anything that can connect to the internet
- Pythonistas and Beginner Python learners
- Djangonauts and Beginner Django learners
- Some Python Experience
- Some Django Experience